Welcome to all graduate students new to the School of Film, Media & Theatre! First-year students should bookmark this page for resources, news, and updates regarding the 2018-2019 academic year.
First things first . . .
- REGISTRATION GUIDELINES: all you need to know to get registered for your courses by August 19!
- PhD students: register for FLME 8111 Intro to Graduate Studies; COMM 8035 Pedagogy (if available); two FLME 8000-level seminars of your choice; and, if you are on an assistantship, register for as many credit hours of FLME 8780 as it takes you to get to 18 hours.
- MA students: register for film and media production or moving image studies courses and, if you are on an assistantship, register for as many credit hours of FLME 8780 as it takes you to get to 18 hours.
- If anything prevents you from registering for courses, please contact Karin Smoot (404-413-5043) with the specific error message you’re seeing.
- ORIENTATION SCHEDULE
- All new GSU graduate students MUST attend the August 8 day-long Georgia State new graduate student orientation.
Next steps . . .
- NEXT STEPS FOR NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS: get instructions here for citizenship verification, immunization records, and other things you must take care of before registering for courses. The registrar puts a “hold” on your account until these things are complete.
- Remember, too, that you must submit your final transcript from your most recent university before you can be officially admitted and begin to enroll for courses. Contact the College of Arts and Sciences graduate office if you have questions about the transcript submission.
- College of the Arts Office of Academic Assistance: information about graduate policies, programs, and resources not specific to the School of Film, Media, and Theatre
- PAWS: Georgia State University’s portal, “designed to give students, faculty and staff personalized access to wide-ranging campus resources in a single location”
- GoSolar: course schedules, academic calendars, and more
- GSU campus tours