Welcome to all graduate students new to the Department of Communication! First-year students should bookmark this page for resources, news, and updates regarding the 2015-2016 academic year.
First things first . . .
- REGISTRATION GUIDELINES: all you need to know to get registered for your courses by August 8!
- PhD students: register for FLME 8111; COMM 8035; two FLME 8000-level seminars of your choice; and, if you are on an assistantship, register for as many credit hours of FLME 8780 as it takes you to get to 18 hours.
- MA students: register for film and media production or moving image studies courses (per instructions you’ve received via email) and, if you are on an assistantship, register for as many credit hours of FLME 8780 as it takes you to get to 18 hours.
- If anything prevents you from registering for courses, please contact Karin Smoot (404-413-5043) with the specific error message you’re seeing.
- ORIENTATION SCHEDULE
- All new GSU graduate students MUST attend the August 9 day-long Georgia State new graduate student orientation.
- All new graduate students in the School of Film, Media, and Theatre MUST attend the School’s August 15 graduate student orientation.
Next steps . . .
- NEXT STEPS FOR NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS: get instructions here for citizenship verification, immunization records, and other things you must take care of before registering for courses. The registrar puts a “hold” on your account until these things are complete.
- Remember, too, that you must submit your final transcript from your most recent university before you can be officially admitted and begin to enroll for courses. Contact the College of Arts and Sciences graduate office if you have questions about the transcript submission.
- College of the Arts Office of Academic Assistance: information about graduate policies, programs, and resources not specific to the School of Film, Media, and Theatre
- PAWS: Georgia State University’s portal, “designed to give students, faculty and staff personalized access to wide-ranging campus resources in a single location”
- GoSolar: course schedules, academic calendars, and more
- GSU campus tours